Dear ISEA Members:
As this newsletter hits your inbox, we have several things occurring.
Member dues are set to expire at the end of the month. Please renew your dues by January 31, 2020. See the Membership section below for additional information.
Registration is live for the 2020 Spring Conference. Date of the conference is March 5th, 2020 and will be held at the Primo Banquet & Conference Center in Indianapolis. See the Upcoming Events section for more information.
This year ISEA will award up to three $2,500 scholarships to deserving students who are pursuing a degree in Structural Engineering. Do you know someone who qualifies for this scholarship? Please let them know about this opportunity. Applications must be submitted by January 31st.
Thanks to all who helped organize and attended our fall events. The Fall Meeting at Sun King Spirts, The Bowen Laboratory Tour at Purdue University, and the Lunch and Learn at the Hilti Store were excellent opportunities to network, learn more about the organization, and earn some CEU's. If you were not able to attend, we hope to see you at future events. Also, if you have any ideas for upcoming events, please share them with a board member.
Finally, thanks to all past and current board members for their time and efforts in running this organization. Your current board members are:
President: Craig M. Scherschel
President-Elect: Thomas P. Leahy
Secretary: Dan Schenkel
Treasurer: Paul Brumleve
Director: Lucas Nisley
Director: Kate Oliver
Past-President: Tim Dickson
Craig M. Scherschel
My How We Have Grown!
ISEA welcomes the following members who have joined since November of 2016.
|Nathan Ashley||Lynch, Harrison, Brumleve Engineering|
|Saber Atmar||McComas Engineering|
|Sunhe Baik||American Structurepoint Inc|
|Jerica Barlow||American Structurepoint, Inc.|
|Carl Bradway||CE Solutions, Inc.|
|Shane Brager||Engineering Resources Inc|
|Steven Bruns||Wiss, Janney, ELstner Associates|
|James Bulow||Lynch, Harrison & Brumleve, Inc|
|Wai Chiang||Cordogan Clark & Associates|
|David Clark||American Structurepoint|
|Jason Dageforde||Enspect, Inc.|
|Kenneth Dane||American Structurepoint|
|David DeLong||IC Design Services|
|Christopher Dick||Nederveld, INC|
|Anita Dietz||AEI Structural|
|Mikael Elliott||Enspect Inc|
|Noah Fehrenbacher||Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc.|
|Nicholas Feller||Lynch, Harrison, & Brumleve Inc.|
|Juston Fluckey||Juston Fluckey SE|
|WeiPhang Gan||American Structurepoint|
|Katherine Halley-Ames||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
|James Harrington||Lenex Steel Company|
|Fritz Herget||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
|Brent Hitchings||IC-Design Services|
|Todd Kortus||Engineering Resources, Inc.|
|Albert Kovacs||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
|Lauren Lai||Guidon Design|
|Andrew Langferman||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
|Mark LaVier||Lynch, Harrison & Brumleve, Inc.|
|Daniel Jack Levitus, PE||Lynch, Harrison & Brumleve, Inc.|
|Seth Lindley||Wiss Janney Elstner Associates|
|Gregory Lynch||Almet, Inc|
|Kayla Martisek||American Structurepoint|
|Thomas Miltner||McComas Engineering, Inc.|
|Hieronymus Mitchell||Frontier-Kemper Constructors|
|Jonathan Morris||McComas Engineering|
|Kristina Mudd||American Structurepoint|
|Greg Nance||McComas Engineering|
|William Norman||Keeler-Webb Associates|
|Timothy O'Rourke||H.P.H. and Assoiciates, Inc.|
|Jim Osborne||Lynch Harrison & Brumleve|
|Bangalore Prakash||JPS Consulting Engineers|
|Robert Prewitt, Jr.||Enspect, Inc.|
|Quinten Prieur||Trine University|
|Max Reiche, PE, SE||Jacobs|
|Landon Rife||Nederveld, Inc.|
|Nicholas Ritenour||Lynch, Harrison, & Brumleve|
|Samuel Runningen||Lynch Harrison & Brumleve inc|
|Phil Savich||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
|Atallah Sayegh||CE Solutions, Inc.|
|Andrew Sharer||Rimkus Consulting Group|
|Jacob Shelley||Lynch, Harrison & Brumleve INC.|
|Anthony Spatt||Vintage Archonics|
|Mark VanderWoude||Guidon Design|
|Alexander Vaughan||McComas /O'Donnell & Naccarato|
|Benjamin Wagner||American Structurepoint, Inc.|
|Bryan Wilson||ARSEE Engineers, Inc.|
Current memberships expire January 31, 2020. Membership rates for 2020 are as follows:
- Member: $85.00
- Associate Member: $65.00
- Student: $10.00
- Afilliate Member: $85.00
As a member of ISEA, the following NCSEA benefits are available:
- A subscription to STRUCTURE magazine, the leading monthly magazine for structural engineering, both print and electronic versions.
- A subscription to Structural Connection, NCSEA’s monthly member e-newsletter with information on NCSEA and SEA activities and events.
- An opportunity to secure a yearly subscription to unlimited live (25+ per year) and recorded webinars (from a library of 120+) available on-demand, 24/7/365. All NCSEA webinars are Diamond Reviewed for CE credit in all 50 states.
- An opportunity to join NCSEA Committees including: Basic Education, Code Advisory, Communications, Continuing Education, Publications, Resilience, Structural Engineering Engagement and Equity (SE3), Structural Engineering Emergency Response (SEER), Structural Engineering Summit, Structural Licensure and Young Member Group Support.
- Access to NCSEA web-based communities, including those on LinkedIn and Basecamp.
- Access to scholarships to the NCSEA Structural Engineering Summit for young members
- Access to the NCSEA Member Portal that provides:
- Committee documents & resources.
- Tools for your SEA such as an MO Speaker List, the MO Toolbox and the MO Summary Report
- Young member resources, including the NCSEA Young Member Start-Up & Resource Guide.
- Resources for engineers, including the Essential Book list for a Structural Engineer’s Library.
- Emergency response information, including the SEER Manual.
- All SEA Members already have an account. Click the MEMBER LOGIN link on www.ncsea.com to access member-only resources. If you’ve never logged in, use the email you provided to your SEA and the password NCSEA1234.
- Access to the NCSEA Education Portal that provides online access to your PDH hours earned through NCSEA live and recorded webinars.
- Discounts for webinars, the NCSEA SE Refresher & Review Course, the Structural Engineering Summit, and various NCSEA and ICC publications.